Monday, December 27, 2010

stumbled upon an old blog of mine...

...and, mostly, it's a collection of inane sputterings that act as a rather complex slice of life as I traversed the second and third year terrain at York trying to figure out who I am (something, I realise, is never-ending). But the thing that caught my attention is buried between posts I have unconsciously created a few "little plays," or online performances. I`m going to try and find them all and repost them to see how they stand independently.

From November 15th, 2005:

Little Play #1:
Turning a man into a woman has never been so easy!

Attention!

I hear groups of friends in other rooms, laughing and having a good time.
The smell of popcorn fills my nose.
And I wonder 'how the hell do they have time for this?'
And then I think, what if I just said 'fuck it'... what would happen?
It feels good to say it in my head...
but then I think about how it would translate in reality...

My hands are all wrinkled and rough.
I've found a release in... doing the dishes?
Yeah, you heard me.

Left! Left!

I think I'm going to need glasses after this week...

redundancy is key... redundancy is key... redundancy is key... redundancy is...

...what if?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this sounds exactly like me in our undergrad...were we more similar than we knew?

Julia Lane