Monday, January 24, 2011

they're on to me.

I had no idea my previous writings were already part of a legitimate field of study. Cyborg Anthropology.



Fascinating idea of the "second self" and the necessary time for reflection. It happens to me all the time. Only when I have time off, when those external factors are at a rest can I upkeep my online persona, can I tailor my second self to the rest of the world.

It's communication at a heightened degree - communication on multiple planes of existence - and the most exciting thing is that we can navigate life between them successfully! (most of us any way... let's not mention that Korean couple who let their baby starve... I mean... shit...)

...you can stand on one side of the world, whisper something, and be heard on the other...

It's odd to think of people interacting with you when you're asleep. Offline. Whatever.

No comments: